Interactive whiteboards can be expensive and complicated, and most must be permanently installed. Not anymore. Now teachers can place the small MimioTeach™ interactive whiteboard on the dry erase boards they already have, push two buttons, and – just like that – they have a full-featured interactive whiteboard for a fraction of the cost of conventional fixed whiteboards.
The MimioTeach interactive whiteboard comes prepackaged with award-winning MimioStudio™ classroom software. It integrates seamlessly with all other MimioClassroom™ products, so adding on the other tools is quick and easy. Fostering student collaboration and engagement has never been easier.
A truly portable, full-featured interactive whiteboard solution.
- A complete interactive whiteboard system that uses the dry erase boards and projectors you already have.
- Straightforward interface lets you get up and running in minutes.
- Full-featured MimioStudio software for creating engaging interactive lessons.
- Lightweight and portable, so you can move it between classrooms, and store it safely.
One school's success story.
Read how teachers at the Charlotte Dunning Elementary School in Framingham, MA are engaging students and differentiating instruction with the MimioTeach device.
"What sets the MimioTeach interactive whiteboard apart from its competitors is two-fold: first, it makes learning much more student-centered, and second, by its very design, it's giving our teachers a host of engaging features and so many different ways to collaborate with their students as well as their peers. It's not about replacing the conventional tools my teachers currently use in their daily instruction, but rather adding a new dimension of engagement."
- Kim Taylor, Principal, Charlotte Dunning Elementary School, Framingham, MA
- Turns any conventional dry erase board into an interactive whiteboard
- Magnetically attaches to any steel dry erase board surface. Mounting brackets are available for non-metallic surfaces.
- Very large interactive area - up to 82” or 104” (with 16:9 display support)
- A fraction of the price of fixed systems
- Lightweight, portable & simple to install − permanently or temporarily
- Integrated wireless
- Rechargeable stylus
Minimum Software Requirements
- MimioStudio 7 and higher on a Windows, Mac, or Linux OS.
- For specific system requirements, please visit us at mimio.com/support/downloads.
- USB (USB 2.0 compliant).
- USB Cable—“micro-B” USB connector. MimioHub™ wireless receiver will connect via USB to the PC.
Data Transfer Rate—USB
- Full-speed USB (12 Mbps).
- 5V - 100mA DC via micro-USB
MimioTeach Bar Dimensions
- 375.4 mm H x 68 mm W x 38 mm D (14.8 in. H x 2.7 in. W x 1.5 in. D)
- Bar: 305 g (10.75 oz)
- Stylus: 30 g (1 oz)
- Bar and Stylus: 335 g (11.82 oz)
Whiteboard Active Area (per device)
- Interactive mode with projector supports 1.5 m x 2.4 m (5 ft x 8 ft), up to 2.5 m (8.3 ft) standard aspect-ratio diagonal projection display, and 2.9 m (9.4 ft) diagonal in wide-screen mode.
- Ultrasound at 40 kHz (frequency) + Infrared at 940 nm (wavelength).
- Uses single 3.7 V Lithium-Ion rechargeable cell with 70 mAh capacity.
- Stylus recharges when docked in cradle on left side of MimioTeach bar.
- The battery life is approximately 90 hours under typical classroom use.
- Two buttons on the stylus activate functions Right-Click and MimioStudio Tools.
- Solid Teflon replaceable tip ensures ultra-smooth action on all board or screen surfaces.
Resolution & Tracking Speed
- Signal tracking frequency 87 times per second.
- Signal tracking speed 2.7 m (9 ft) per second.
- 4,800 x 9,600 line effective resolution on 1.2 m x 2.4 m (4 ft x 8 ft) board.
- MimioTeach bar should be mounted in the center of the left side of the whiteboard in a location outside the projection area.
- Sensors must face a projected surface that is within the maximum Active Area range of the device.
- Minimum 3-inch gap between edge of projected image and edge of MimioTeach bar.
Controls & Indicators
- 2 push-button functions on the MimioTeach bar: Interactive mode and Calibrate/Re-calibrate
- 1 Indicator: Link
- Operating: 16°C to 38°C (60°F to 100°F). (Higher than 80°F/27°C will cause slight inaccuracy for ink capture.)
- Storage: -20°C to 35°C (-4°F to 95°F.) (1 year set by battery) -20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F). (1 month set by battery)
-30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F). (Absolute Maximum)
- Operating: 15% to 75% non-condensing.
- Storage: 0% to 90% non-condensing.
- Enables a dedicated 2.4 GHz bidirectional point-to-point wireless connection to the computer through the MimioHub, a USB “thumb drive” receiver with maximum range of 9 m (30 ft).
- Does not require Bluetooth, special card, wireless networks, or wireless PC.
- MimioHub is a standard USB device using HID drivers, and comes paired with MimioTeach.
- MimioHub can be stored in the back slot of the MimioTeach bar when not in use.
Wireless Data Transfer Rate
Certification & Compliance
- Wireless: FCC, IC, CE, C-Tick, COFETEL, SCRF, SRMC, TELEC, RRL, TRA, ANRT, ANATEL, WPC, DGPT, CTI, MIC, SIRIM, MOC, CNC, SUBTEL, CRT, SUTEL, BURTEL, CONATEL, SIGET, SIT, PUC, TELCOR, ERSP, OSIPTEL, TATT, URSEC, UrkSEPRO, ICASA, NTRA, CITC, NCC.
- Safety: UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60950-1 (CE & TUV NRTL) C-Tick, NOM, KCC, GOST, ANATEL, SII, UrkSEPRO, NCRS, VoC, CQC. EMC: FCC, IC, CE, C-Tick, GOST, KCC, ANATEL, SII.
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH compliant.
- Computer USB or batteries as primary power source enable “Start up and Go” in any country.
International AC Adapter for AC-powered use.
- Mimio hardware is warranted for 2 years from date of purchase, with an additional 3 years with product registration at mimio.com/warranty, for a total of 5 years.
- MimioStudio software is supplied with a limited lifetime warranty, expiring 1 year after discontinuation of the product.
USB extension cable
Metallic mounting brackets w/ removable adhesive strips for non-metallic surfaces
Global AC adapters
See how other schools are engaging their students with Mimio educational technology and reading software.
View Mimio Case Studies >>
Download the latest version of MimioStudio Educational Software.
Windows | Macintosh | Linux
MIMIO EDUCATOR BLOG
Read the latest in educational technology news.
Read blog >>
MimioTraining™ resources enable you to get the most out of our innovative technologies. Learn from our training experts - teachers like you, who use Mimio products in their own classrooms.
Your source for free training available 24/7.
MimioTraining Quick Learn
No-Cost sessions led by highly-trained teachers who use MimioClassroom tools in their own classrooms every day.