- Macintosh, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Controls all MimioClassroom hardware devices.
- File import flexibility: Import SMART Notebook, Promethean ActivInspire, PowerPoint, Word, and Common File Format (IWB), with minimal reformatting.
- Export Gradebook to CSV report format.
- Export to HTML, PDF, Common File Format (IWB), and image formats.
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 and higher.
- Standard file format: Proprietary INK file format.
- Windows XP*, Vista*, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Mac OS 10.6*, 10.7*, 10.8*, 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11
- Linux Fedora and Ubuntu
- Windows 7 or higher required for multi-touch and gestures
- For specific system requirements, please visit the downloads page.
MimioStudio software supports the following languages:
* Version 11 is the last major version of MimioStudio software that will support the Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 operating systems.
** User Guides and Help topics for these languages are available in English only.
Which Mimio products are compatible with MimioStudio software?
The current generation of MimioClassroom products is fully compatible with MimioStudio software. The Mimio Interactive Xi and Mimio Capture for Xi devices, which are products of our previous generation, are also perfectly compatible with our MimioStudio software. In order to access the greatest and newest features, consider always upgrading to the latest MimioStudio version.
What is the process for handling a “blended environment,” where a school already has some Mimio devices?
For blended environments, we will offer a discount to upgrade the school to a SITE license. The discount will be based on the number of classrooms using a Mimio device.
What happens if you change computers or get a new computer?
With a STANDARD MimioStudio license, the software is activated via a hardware connection, so no additional steps are required to use the software on a new computer. In the case of a SITE MimioStudio or MimioMobile license, all computers associated with a site may be enabled, so no additional steps are required to use the software on a new computer. For a USER MimioStudio license, the existing computer must be deactivated before a new computer can be enabled. At this time, the only way to accomplish this is by contacting Customer Support.
Where are Collaborate sessions stored?
All sessions from Collaborate are stored in the MimioStudio Gallery.
Can the Collaborate feature be used without the MimioMobile app?
Yes. The Collaborate feature is available with an activated version of MimioStudio software, and can be used with the MimioPad tablet.
Is MimioStudio 11 software backwards compatible with previous versions?
Yes. Files created with MimioStudio 11 software will be backwards compatible with MimioStudio 9 software, unless the file contains:
- A new question object (numeric, short answer, and short essay).
- An animation that contains a trigger.
What version of PowerPoint does the user need to support object-level import?
PowerPoint 2010 and above is required. With previous versions, data will be imported as background images.